3 common types of types of Afib and their symptoms
Afib or Atrial Fibrillation is a high-risk condition that, if left untreated, can lead to fatal diseases such as heart attacks and strokes. Afib treatments are key to preventing strokes, mainly caused by blood clots. Afib stroke medication can be classed as preventive or treatment and should regularly be taken if a person has been diagnosed with afib. A healthy lifestyle would help patients to recover from afib strokes sooner.
Types of Afib
There are three types of Afib:
- Occasional/Paroxysmal: This type of Afib has symptoms that come and go and lasts for a few minutes to a couple of hours. The symptoms occur on their own and go away on their own with time.
- Persistent: In this type of Afib, the heart rhythm does not return to normal even after the symptoms have subsided. Treatment includes the use of atrial fibrillation medications along with electrical therapies that bring the heart to its normal functioning.
- Permanent: This is the most dangerous type of Afib. In this, the heart rhythm never goes back to normal and would need constant medication. This could be a cause for strokes, hence making Afib treatments crucial.
Symptoms of Afib
- Palpitations that include sensations of fast, racing, irregular and uncomfortable heartbeat
- Heart ache or chest pains
- Fatigue and dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Unable to do physical exercise of any form
Though these symptoms may seem generic, it is advisable to consult a doctor when you do experience them. Strokes occur due to the blood clots caused by Afib. Afib stroke medications would depend on the symptoms. In addition to Afib stroke medications, the treatment of this condition also involves a combination of surgery and electrical therapies.
In order to be effective, the intake of Afib stroke medication needs a proper treatment plan. Hence diagnosing Afib and understanding the risks of stroke would be a good first step in the treatment of Afib.
Top deals on gas dryers under $750
Simple ways to keep your appliances and refrigerators clean
Bosch washing machines under $1500 at Best Buy
5 essential small electric home appliances
The best and cheap washers and dryers under $750 from Whirlpool
A comprehensive guide to buying the right refrigerator