Maintaining oral health is now easy and affordable!
Healthy teeth are vital for our overall well-being and require close attention on a daily basis. They help us to chew food and lend shape to our face. And who doesn’t want a dazzling smile, right? Now the good news is that since toothpaste coupons are being offered by popular names like Colgate, Procter and Gamble, Aquafresh, Crest and Sensodyne, caring for your pearly whites has become truly affordable. These coupons can be availed from brand websites as well as popular portals like coupons.com, thekrazycouponlady.com, and coolsavings.com to name a few. Even if the coupons slash prices by $0.50 or $0.75, you will still end up saving generously in the long run.
However, simply using toothpaste coupons to save money is not enough for ensuring good teeth devoid of bacterial infections, decay, stains, cavities or gum diseases. You need to keep the following tips in mind for keeping your teeth healthy every day:
- Brush at least twice a day and preferably before night with some fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride strengthens teeth and protects them from decay
- Floss at least once a day to remove particles from between teeth. At times, toothpaste coupons can be used for flossing strips and toothbrushes as well
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and sugary food
- Get regular checkups done
- Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that needs to be regularly removed from your teeth to avoid gum diseases
- Use the right toothbrush. Adults can pick brushes with small or medium heads and soft, tufted nylon bristles. Kids can use smaller versions. Brushes with smaller heads are better for those with irregular teeth, while those with sensitive teeth need softer bristles
- Electric toothbrushes can clean your teeth effectively without you having to do much movement. But they need to be positioned right. Check for Sonicare coupons to get electric toothbrushes at a reasonable price
- Discard worn-out toothbrushes as these can harm your gums and won’t clean your teeth properly. So change your brush every 2 to 3 months, or if the bristles show signs of wearing
- It is not essential to use a lot of toothpaste in one go. Just a pea-sized amount is enough
- Use of fluoride mouthwashes can keep tooth decay, plaque and gum diseases at bay. Buy them with relevant toothpaste coupons and also carry them with you to workplaces or vacations.
- If you have dental implants, dentures or braces, then consult your dentist about ways to care for your teeth. The advice might differ from one person to another