Keep your upholstery free of urine stains
Urine stains on household items are extremely troublesome. Apart from having an unpleasant appearance, they also have a rancid smell. Additionally, pee is acidic in nature and if it remains in contact with fabrics for an extended duration, its removal is difficult. It is possible that your upholstery becomes stained with urine because of pets or toddlers during the potty-training stage. However, do not fret; there are several urine stain removal techniques to help you out.
Upholstery comprises various synthetic materials such as rayon, nylon, cotton, wool, olefin, leather, polyester, and acrylic. The urine stain removal formula discussed here is effective for these fabric kinds. Do not attempt to clear the pee stains with this procedure, if your furnishings are vintage or silk-based.
Things you will need:
- Few white-colored paper towels
- 1 white rag cloth
- 1 brush having flexible bristles
- 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid
- 2 cups of tepid water
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Use fresh paper towels to absorb the urine from the stained areas.
- Next prepare a solution by mixing vinegar, water, and dishwashing liquid.
- Dip the brush in the formulation and apply over the concerned portions. Continue rubbing for few minutes for the vinegar to penetrate deep into the layers of the fabrics.
- Blot the stained parts until they become dry using clean towels.
- Continue dipping the brush into the solution and blotting with the paper towels 3–4 times.
- If the stains are still noticeable, put 2–3 drops of hydrogen peroxide solution over the stains. Thereafter, you can also apply a couple of drops of ammonia.
- The last step of this urine stain removal process is to wipe the stains with cold water using a clean cloth for removing the chemicals.
The above-mentioned details show that removing urine stains from draperies is quite simple. With the help of everyday ingredients, we can keep our furnishings free from urine stains. This method is highly recommended because it is cost-saving and is effective as well.