How to Choose the Right Washer and Dryer for Your Home?
A washer dryer combination is a dream for many. They offer ultimate convenience. All you need to do is dump your dirty clothes in and take out clean and dry clothes. Several stores, be it online or physical, all are offering cheap washer and dryer combos. Nobody is complaining, after all, who does not want to save space and time? In most cases, cheap washer and dryer combos prove to be a boon for many as they not only fit under the kitchen bench but are also light on the pocket.
What are the pros and cons of washer and dryer combination?
- The washing and drying capabilities are almost as good as separate washers and dryers.
- Most cheap washer and dryers are compact in size and fit easily under your kitchen bench.
- The best feature about the cheap washer and dryers combination is that you can use the wash and dry facility separately. It is not mandatory to use both the facilities together all the time.
- The cost of owning and running of a washer-dryer combination works out to be equivalent to buying a separate washer and dryer.
- The drying capacity also matches most normal washers.
- The dryer component is able to dry only half the capacity as that of the washer which can be annoying to some people.
- The dryer in the washer-dryer combination can end up using more water during the drying cycle than during the washing cycle.
- To overcome the water usage issue, some new generation washer-dryer combos provide dryers that don’t use water during the drying cycle. However, they are slightly more expensive than the usual cheap washer and dryers.
- Ideally, the washer-dryer combos need to specify the water usage rate for both the washer as well as the dryer components. However, most of the combos show the water rate for the washing component in the energy efficiency ratings.
- Cheap washers and dryers can take anywhere between three to six hours to complete the entire cycle of washing and drying.
- Some washer –dryer combos may be too large to fit under your kitchen bench. It is recommended you check the exact dimensions if you wish it to fit in a specific place.
- Everybody may not be satisfied with the washer-dryer combo results. A survey reveals that people still prefer a separate washing and drying appliance for their homes.
Where are washer-dryers suitably used?
- Washer-dryer is suitable for small homes where space is a major issue
- They can be used in holiday homes where there is no rush for laundry to be washed and dried.
- The washer and dryers combo is a good option for households that rarely use the dryer facility.
If you are looking for washer-dryer combos, here’s a compiled list. You can check and compare their prices if you have a tight budget.
- LG WM3997HMA
- Magic Chef MCSCWD20W3
- LG WM3997HWA
- LG WM3488HS
- Magic Chef MCSCWD20W3
- Midea US-FC70-DS12DSH
- Equator Super Combo EZ 4400 CV
- Summit SPWD2200W
- Splendide WD2100XC
- Haier HLC1700AXW
- Frigidaire- FFLE3911QW
- GE – GUD24ESSJWW
- Whirlpool -WET3300XQ-WW
You can buy cheap washers and dryers from some of the leading online stores such as Amazon, Home Depot, Brand Smart USA, etc. Each of the above-mentioned combos has their own pros and cons. It is recommended that you consult an expert and understand from him about each combo.
Generally speaking, washers and dryers have their own uses. Understand your requirements first before buying a combo. However, if space is an issue and you seldom use the dryer, a washer-dryer combo may be the best bet. Also, do check for its efficiency ratings before selecting the right combo. If cheap washers and dryers are bought after a thorough research and used properly, they can be really an indispensable part of your household. Do invest wisely to ensure you get the maximum benefits from the washer- dryer combination.