Benefits of Prepaid Cell Phones
People used to pay around $1,000 every year for a family plan; however, to release the users from the hassles from the contracts, prepaid cell phones emerged in the market. The economic graph of the market indicated that the convenient use of prepaid cell phone plans is compelling users to leave the family contracts. Over 100 million people now use the prepaid cell phones and every 1 in 3 cell phone users have the prepaid connection now.
Prepaid network providers
The rise of prepaid networks has helped the users to reduce their annual budget on phones and pay more on the basis of days or months. There are hundreds of networks that operate their own network and T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, U.S Cellular, AT&T, MetroPCS, and Sprint have made their places in the list. In addition to the context, the Boost Mobile, Kajet and PlatinumTel use the network of Spirit, while Page Plus Cellular and Jitterbug are the two popular networks that tie up with Verizon.
Should you use a prepaid cell phone or not?
It is now a widely established fact that there is no better option than saving money by getting the prepaid cell phone. The length of service contract does not regulate the amount you have to pay. You are entitled to pay according to the minutes you have been using the calls. However, you choose that the prepaid cell phones can only cater to your needs; you need to evaluate the pros and cons of the service closely.
The first thing you should know about the prepaid cell phones that you are not required to submit documents for a credit check as there is no need for a credit check. Bad credit or no credit is not even a matter of a headache anymore to the users.
- If you do not make calls frequently, you can save loads of money as the minutes are counted in this type of service.
- There is a control on the usage. This indicates the fact that if you are buying the prepaid cell phone plan for your son or daughter, you can restrict the usage of minutes by paying only for the certain period of minutes.
- Changing the network services has become easier as you are not collaborating with a long-term service contract.
- Apart from the national cellular, you are given the option to get the connection from the regional cellular carriers that can understand your needs better.
Price can be both negative and positive factor of the prepaid cell phones. You sure have to face fewer amounts for the prepaid cell phone networks but the rate of the minutes can go higher. Thereafter, in the end, you are left with paying more than you had to pay for the post-paid plans.
- People do not use the phone to make and receive calls anymore. Using Internet on the phones is essentially required and this is why the users need to get to the data services enabled. However, you need to keep in mind that most of the basic phones are not compatible with data services restarting you from checking emails or using a web browser.
- You may have purchased the talk time for a month or three months but if you do not use all the minutes, you will lose the money spent on the plans. However, only a few of carriers provide the feature of adding the minutes when the plan is recharged.
- The choice of prepaid cell phones is limited as only a few of the handpicked cell phones have tied up with Verizon or AT&T. Moreover, those which are compatible do not even offer the high-end performance expected from the gadgets of this era. ZTE, Samsung, Motorola, and LG are few of the names of the brands that have a tie-up with Verizon.
- The cell phone price can be a little higher and you can find that there are other good phones available in the market at the same price.
Hence, you should go through the reviews to know which prepaid cell phones can be the best for you.