Be aware of what causes shingles
Shingles is a type of painful rash, which appears in a strip, band or a small area on one side of the body or the face. They are caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which also causes chicken pox. These viruses belong to a group of viruses called the herpes virus, and hence shingles are also known as herpes zoster. All the herpes viruses remain dormant in the central nervous system of the humans and can stay there for an indefinite period. Therefore, proper shingles medication is necessary for curing the ailment.
Causes of shingles
The causes of shingles are extremely important to understand the effective treatments for shingles. This will also make it more convenient for you to design an overall procedure for shingles medication. In most of the cases of shingles, there is no valid reason as to why the varicella zoster begins to multiply. In the complete process of shingles medication, it has been noticed that shingles occur when the immune system of the affected individual is weak, which is the main reason for promoting the viruses to reactivate themselves. Some of the possible causes of shingles include the following:
- Aging can be one of the most vital causes of infection of shingles since the immune system of the body loses its effectiveness with age. Proper treatments for shingles are of utmost importance in this case.
- The shingles viruses can reactivate themselves if the affected individual has certain types of cancers or AIDS.
- Any psychological stress or emotional trauma can lead to triggering of the shingles viruses. You should immediately go for shingles medicine for prevention of severe cases of shingles.
- Any kinds of immunosuppressive medicine, if consumed especially after a transplant, highly increases the chances of shingles.
- Children can develop shingles which happen if the pregnant mother had chickenpox in her late pregnancy. They can also develop shingles if they had chickenpox in their infancy.
After the proper identification of the causes of shingles, the patients should take adequate and efficient shingles medication for a better cure.